United Students College trip to University of California, Berkeley 2009
InnerCity Struggle's provides academic services to the core leadership of its youth component to enter institutions of higher education as they organize for educational justice. It is important to ICS that the young people engaged in social change work be provided the necessary tools to role model high educational standards. ICS's educational standards link academic achievement to social responsibility.
- Provide support services to ensure, high school & A-G completion though one-on one advising sessions.
- Provide support through Junior & Senior Prep program for students to be on a college track to be college eligible.
- Build college going culture at local campuses through annual college fairs and tours.
- Provide mentoring & tutoring for middle and high school students.
- Assist undocumented students to locate higher educational opportunities.
- Provide computer lab accessibility.
- Support in conducting scholarship research.
- Provide algebra readiness programs to ensure middle school members are prepared for the rigor of high school math.